- Qui sommes-nous ?
- Qualité et durabilité
- Actualités et événements
- Recherche & Industrie
- Centre documentaire
- Centre d’expertise
Select your local website
Sentimag - Magseed
Sentimag / Magseed – Magnetic impalpable lesion localisation
- Next-generation lesion localisation
- Simpler. Faster. More precise.
- No wire. No radioactivity. Just magnetism.
- True convenience; for patients and clinicians
Due to improvements in screening and patient awareness, approximately 50% of breast lesions are impalpable at the time of diagnosis. The current gold standard to assist the surgeon in finding an impalpable lesion is a hookwire, or guidewire. These are usually placed on the morning of surgery. Wire-guided localisations (WGL) have been used since the 1960s and have several limitations, including migration of the wire, scheduling conflicts and patient dissatisfaction.
Magseed® has been specifically developed to overcome these issues. It promotes seamless operating room (OR) scheduling, accurate lesion localisation and patient satisfaction.
Our system consists of the Sentimag® probe and the Magseed® magnetic marker. First, the marker is placed under ultrasound or X-ray guidance up to 30 days before surgery. In the OR, the surgeon uses Sentimag® to precisely localise Magseed® and therefore the lesion.
Magseed® – Benefits for all
- Organise the lesion localisation procedure to suit your needs
- Can be placed 30 days in advance – better for patients, better for the clinical workflow
- Greatly improved OR and radiology scheduling
- 360-degree sensing and distance calculation for the best oncoplastic approach
- Patient-centric approach: no radioactivity, reduced stress, minimal invasiveness
- Sentimag® and Magseed® are FDA-cleared and CE-marked for lesion localisation
Endomag®, Sentimag®, Magseed® and Sienna+® are registered European Community Trademarks of Endomagnetics Ltd. www.endomag.com.
Magseed® – benefits for clinicians and patients
- Designed with the patient in mind – no radioactivity, reduced stress, less pain
- Placed in any soft tissue – breast lesion, lymph node, etc.
- Can be implanted for as long as needed – always reliably detectable by Sentimag®
- Smallest non-radioactive seed – ideal for lymph node placement
- Decoupling of OR and radiology scheduling
- Stays securely in place without migration from soft tissue
- Very low re-excision rate for lesions (11 % averaged over multiple studies)
- Magseed® has been used in over 50,000 tissue localisations
- Sentimag® and Magseed® are CE-marked and FDA-cleared for soft tissue
Les documents réglementaires tels que la Notice d’utilisation sont accessibles à l’aide d’un login My Sysmex valide :